Highlights of the safari
- Discover the Kruger Area. The camp is situated in a private reserve open to the Kruger Park (means an open area as big as Holland)
- Enjoy the late winter lights of october without any rains
- Live a real bush experience, a real tented camp to feel the bush properly
- Outstanding wildlife around the camp, everyday you may see elephants, buffalos, antelops, etc. in the camp. At night hyenas visit the camp, sometimes bigger cats… Don’t be affraid guides are always around!
- Fantastic rangers, we know well the 3 rangers of this camp : just the best.
- Small Group Size (Max 6 persons plus Wiann or Johan or Sam (our guide))
- Not 1 but 2 professionnal photographers in the vehicule. One in the front, one in the back, to help everydoby.
- The best deal you can get for a photographic safari : amazing camp, great rangers and 2 professionnal photographers
- Depart confirmed if 4 people book
- And of course, good food!
- Share our passion for wildlife
We will meet at the camp before 3 PM. After settling down at the camp and have a light lunch, we will leave for the afternoon game drive in open 4 wheel drive safari vehicles. Let’s look for the best scenes! While our guide will search for wildlife in the surrounding area, I will teach you how to get nice shots and provide some recommendations on how to take great pictures of animals. During the afternoon game drive, we will enjoy the softened light and make a stop on an amazing spot to watch the famous african sunset. Then, the adventure will go on in the dark, looking for our local predators waking up for hunting. The darkness offers plenty of photographic possiblities, revealing nocturnal lives and predator actions! Obviously, I will be explaining to you how to shoot in the night and give you some tips about this specific technic.
We will return to the camp, have a drink while reviewing your photos and our experiences. After a nice dinner, this is time to rest, african nights in safari are usefull.
Early in the morning, after a hot beverage, we will leave the camp before the sunrise to enjoy the beginning of the day in the bush. As winter’s light is smooth enough, we will enjoy nice exposures for the pictures during all the game and we will come back at the camp after a 3 hours game drive, and, of course, a mid-morning break to stretch your legs and have a nice cup of tea or coffee and a few biscuits.
During the lunch break, we will be around to help you – or you may socialise with other guest and enjoy the swimming pool – to check the pictures, find the good ones and advise you about how getting the best of it. Everyday we’ll teach a different photographic class (Exposure, How to compose an image, How to process an image, etc.). Do not forget your favorite softwares!
The private reserve, open on the Kruger park, is the best place to discover wildlife photography. It offers plenty of fantastic wildlife sightseeing. Evertime I went to this camp, I saw amazing sceneries. Understand that this workshop is the best and most affordable way to enjoy wilderness and capture it.
We know that you may not believe this incredible deal. This special offer is born from the meeting between a camp which wants to offer affordable safari without any concessions on the quality, and two photographers who simply love to share their passion of wildlife and the bush.
Our small piece of paradise is a small tented camp with only 8 tents, you will never meet more than 16 persons in the camp. We will be all togeter during all the meals and the game drives, so photography will be our only purpose, 8 passionnate people together to share the beauty of wildlife. Every tent owns its private bathroom with a shower and toilet, very confortable beds, twin or double. Each tent owns a private deck in the bush and wifi is available everywhere in the camp. We love this camp for its very friendly mood, great rangers, passionnate people who wants to share the bush in an affordable way.
The reserve offers plenty of diverse species, and the big 5 of course. There are few dams around so we will see hippos, waterbirds, etc. As the reserve is a completely wild system and open to the Kruger, we can never “guarantee” particular sightings, but we trust the guys to make their best and find amazing scenes. The safari activities and timetable is generally planned around the movements of game in the area – this allows us to be flexible, and to maximize your safari experience.
Guideline to safari timetable (subject to variance)
- 05h00 / 05h15: Wake up call to each tent. Enjoy tea/coffee
- 05h30 / 05h45: Depart on safari activity
- 08h00: stop in a spot in the bush for tea/coffee. Resume activity
- 09h30: Return to camp
- 10h00: Breakfast / brunch
- Remainder of day at leisure in camp
- 14h30: Afternoon lunch
- 15h00 / 16h30: Depart on afternoon activity
- 18h00: Stop for sundowner drinks in the bush. Resume game drive – it now becomes a night game drive
- 18h30/19h00: Return to camp
- 19h30/20h00: Dinner is served in the dining room
Safari starts and ends at the camp. You can easily reach the camp by yourself, the road to the camp is not difficult even with a sedan. Yyou will need 6/7 hours from Johannesburg and 1 and a half hour from Hoedspruit. You can ask for a private car to bring you to the camp, please contact us for details.
When 4 people confirm the booking, the safari is confirmed. We will ask for a US$ 600 deposit per personn non refundable.
Rates includes : Full board accommodation (Breakfast, Lunch, Tea Time, Dinner), two game viewing activities per night and the both of us.
Rates excludes : International and domestic flights, conservation levy and vehicule entry, bar at the camp, tips for the staff (tipping is very much appreciated by staff, but is entirely at your discretion), travel insurance, items of personal nature.
Languages spoken : English & French
Single tent supplement of US$ 640
If you want to book this incredible adventure with us, please send us and email through the contact form on the top. We will respond within 24 hours to answer to all your questions and confirm your reservation.
28 March – 01 April 2018
4 – 6 People
Debutant & Amateur level
Discover more photographic safari & wildlife workshop